The Alsta Nautoscaph Superautomatic was first released in 1970 and was immortalised by the 1975 blockbuster movie 'JAWS'.
Alsta is proud to produce a faithful re-edition of the watch worn by Oceanographer Matt Hooper, played by Richard Dreyfuss, in the movie. The Nautoscaph Superautomatic is limited to 1975 pieces worldwide. It is manufactured and assembled entirely in Switzerland except for the movement which is by Seiko of Japan.
The Nautoscaph Superautomatic is an outdoors watch that is styled to be worn on any occasion. It is even made to be used as a dive watch and therefore has a unidirectional bezel which removes the risk of it being accidentally turned while underwater which could result in a fatal miscalculation of dive time.
Alsta timepieces are made to be robust and withstand the pressures of the ocean floor, the knocks of climbing or descending the highest peaks, the vibrations and shocks of racing on the water, snow or track.
Alsta Nautoscaph Superautomatic
Limited to 1975 pieces. The Alsta Nautoscaph Superautomatic comes in the following specification:
- Case – 316L grade satin-finished stainless steel
- Dimensions – 38mm diameter case, 43mm lug to lug, 20mm lug size, 6.5mm crown diameter
- Crown – Screw in, polished stainless steel
- Dial – Black, applied C3 Super-LumiNova
- Hands – Tapered sword C3 Super-LumiNova
- Movement – Seiko NH35A 24 jewels.
- Functions – Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Case back – Stainless steel, engraved
- Glass – sapphire crystal
- Water resistance – 999ft/300m/29atm
- Shock Resistant to ISO 1413 standard
- Anti-magnetic to a field strength of 4,800 A/m (ISO 764 compliant)
- Strap bars – spring-loaded stainless steel
- Strap – Tropic Vulcanised Rubber
- Serialisation – Numbering #xxxx/1975